This is a town situated in the middle part of Podravina, at the foothills of the Bilogora mountain. It was first mentioned in the 13th century. During the rule of the Arpadović family, the city and the County of Virovitica were mentioned for the first time. In 1234, the duke Koloman, son of king Andrija II and brother of king Bela IV, assigned privileges to the newcomers in the Virovitička County, and since then kings often sojourned in this county.
Here, in 1242, king Bela IV assigned the Golden Bull to the city of Zagrebački Gradec, thusly making Zagreb a free royal city. It is noted for the baroque church of St.Rok from the 18th century and the castle from 1803.
Virovitica has a monument dedicated to fallen members of the Croatian Home Guard. The center hunting.
Tourist destination - Croatia - Destinations Podravina